Pages

July 16, 2015

Cilantro lime cucumber salad

As recently I am having huge productions of cucumber from our little  garden that I planted in the spring, I was constantly exploring for the different things that we can do with cucumber other than just using it in salads or sandwiches.
I was looking for a simple easy to make , but a salad little bit different  and healthier,and with a little kick.So I looked up the Internet and found this.I adjusted the portions according to my taste and liking.So I made this simple salad,and it was perfect for our taste, and immediately became a hit in my family.





Recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium sized cucumbers,peeled the skin off
  • 1 small green hot Indian chili, finely grated
  • 1 garlic clove,finely grated
  • freshly crushed black pepper powder
  • freshly squeezed lime juice 3 tbsp
  • salt to taste 
  • sugar 1 tsp(optional,but adds a balance in taste)
  • cilantro leaves 1 cup,chopped finely
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1tsp red chili flakes
Method:
Peel and wash the cucumbers,and slice them in very thin round slices.
In a small bowl, mix the lime juice,garlic paste,salt ,black pepper powder, green chili , sugar and the extra virgin olive oil,and stir well.
Then to this dressing mixture fold in the chopped cilantro leaves and leave it for 5 mins  ,and add the red chili flakes.
Then add the cucumber slices,and mix well. Let it sit for few mins .Voila,your refreshing cucumber cilantro lime salad is ready.
It can be served chilled or as it is.


I would say the salad is at the same time refreshing in the summer days as well as low in calorie. The lime juice is rich in antioxidants and cucumber itself helps in digestion and also extremely good fruit for those with diabetes.So enjoy this summer salad.And in the comments below let me know what is your favorite salad in summer,or if you have tried this yourself and whether liked it or not.
Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment