Pages

July 28, 2015

DIY Wreath for summer






Well its almost the middle of summer here, rather the late summer. But I was so busy with everything else and enjoying summer days that I was just delaying to write this post and sharing this awesome and easy to make wreath that I made in a single afternoon on which it poured heavily like crazy. Normally I don't mind going out even in the summer showers, but lately we were getting lot of showers, and this day it poured like crazy. So I utilized the indoor time and with the creative juices flowing, I made this. Actually I got this idea from a video on the blog Do It On A Dime.
This is hands down a super duper easy wreath to make  yet the result is stunning and the best thing is it does not cost you a fortune at all. It is all together below $12 only, and the materials are mostly from Dollar store.
So here are the supplies needed:
  • An old wreath form from a thrift store
  • 6 dollar store hydrangea artificial flower sticks (I chose 3 from each colors, pink and purple)
  • Few decorative branches(optional)
  • A matching ribbon
  • A pair of scissors(better if, shears)

Now, I thrifted the wreath from a nearby thrift store and it was only $2 and its quite a big one,a 12" wreath. Then the flower twigs were a buck each so total $6, and the ribbon I had in my stash from earlier projects.
Now, one tip while choosing the flower twigs I chose those flowers which has a multiple no of stems bearing flowers, and hence I needed lesser no of bunches and thus saved lot of money. Moreover Hydrangeas look really nice.

I was so excited to start the project that I forgot to take pictures while putting it together, but I am giving the directions below, trust me its really easy.

  • Now since I got the wreath base from a thrift store I had to clean it up, and tie up some loose parts ,but for the new ones there wont be any.
  • Then I took the flower bunches and cut out the small twigs, so that  each twig will have a few bunches of flowers.               P.S. I left a little extra  part of the each twig and curved it a little bit so that it become easy to tuck in the wreath form.
  • As you can see, I arranged the pink and purple flowers alternatively as I carried on tucking them firmly in the wreath form and spread them evenly.
  • I also added these small little details of theses decorative twigs having small white and pink balls glued to it,that I got from the original old wrath.I threw off every thing else as they were in pretty bad shape, except these ones.
  • Then I added some blue ribbon I already had, and tie it in the centre and voila the wreath is ready under an hour.
And so the summer wreath is ready to be hung, within just 10 bucks ,well actually it cost me only 8$ and a rainy afternoon with my favorite music on at the backgrounds.
So friends let me know, what do you think about it in the comments below, I would love to read them. And if you guys also try something like this also leave the link, I would love to see them too.
And thanks to Do it on a dime blog for sharing such an awesome tutorial, and providing the inspiration.
Remember to  pin this to pin this to your Pinterest DIY or Summer decorating ideas or summer wreaths boards and also can follow me on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment